EU Coordination Unit
Cellule EuropeDeputy Secretary-General of the Government in charge of the EU Coordination Unit : Mme Isabelle COSTA
Negotiations opened with the European Union in March 2015 on an Association Agreement. The EU Coordination Unit is responsible for organising, coordinating and developing the preparatory work for these negotiations.
The EU Coordination Unit operates under the aegis of the General Secretariat of the Government. It reviews negotiation reports and collaborates on their preparation in liaison with the relevant Ministries and departments, as well as institutional and private entities in and outside the Principality.
These reports are submitted to the Negotiating Team, responsibility for which has been given to Mr. Gilles Tonelli, Minister of Foreign Affairs and Cooperation, who is charged with implementing the negotiating strategy outlined by the Steering Committee chaired by H.S.H. the Sovereign Prince.
Organisation and operation
In its capacity as an inter-ministerial body, the EU Coordination Unit has a permanent team of three staffmembers. In addition, when the need arises, it also calls upon several advisors from each Ministerial department and from the Department of Legal Affairs.
The Ministry of State
- The Minister of State
- General Secretariat of the Government
- Délégation Interministérielle chargée de la Transition Numérique
- Expenditure Control Authority
- General Inspectorate of Civil Service
- Monaco Statistics
- Monaco Cyber Security Agency
- Ministry of Interior
- Ministry of Finance and Economy
- Ministry of Health and Social Affairs
- Ministry of Public Works, the Environment and Urban Development
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Cooperation