The Police Commissioner's Office
Direction de la Sûreté PubliqueCommissioner : Mr Richard MARANGONI
This entity is formed of units having cross-cutting tasks within the Police Department and units with very specific duties that do not fall under the auspices of any particular division.
Organisation and operation
Five units are attached to this entity, placed under the direct authority of the Commissioner.
The Executive Secretariat
It supports the divisional head (minutes of meetings, reports, drafting correspondence, filtering mail and telephone calls, contact with executive bodies, police associations, managing certain classified financial flows). It is supported by an executive secretariat and the police mail officer.
The Monitoring and Operational Command Centre
The Monitoring and Operational Command Centre is:
- The operational centre which implements the instructions of the Police Commissioner relating to public order, administrative policing, criminal investigations and traffic policing
- The centralised management tool for emergency response policing, maintaining public order, preventive policing, investigative policing, administrative and criminal policing, and submission of data to higher authorities
- The centre which receives and processes all emergency calls
- The centre which manages all video surveillance tools designed to protect people and property
- The centre which implements the provisions of the Principality’s various emergency plans and ensures that they remain up-to-date
Police Anti-Corruption Squad
It was created by the Ordonnance Souveraine n°1.057 du 13 avril 2007 , amending the Ordonnance Souveraine n°765 du 13 novembre 2006. It forms part of the Police Department and is under the direct authority of the Minister of Interior. It intervenes when instructed to do so by the Minister of State or the Minister of Interior or, with the latter's agreement, upon request from the Commissioner of Police.
It carries out administrative inspections, audits and studies to appreciate, assess or improve the organisation and functioning of Police Units.
It also performs internal investigations to ensure compliance with police ethics.
Its reports may be used during administrative or disciplinary proceedings. Additionally, cases may be referred to the Squad by the Courts, pursuant to the law and in particular the Code of Criminal Procedure, if civil servants or other government officials from the Police Department are involved.
The Civilian Reserve’s remit includes security for schools and administrative roles. It is made up of retired officers from the Police Department.
Secondee to Ministry of the Interior
A police civil servant is assigned to the Government to facilitate liaison between the Police Department and the Ministry of the Interior.
- The Ministry of State
Ministry of Interior
- The Minister of Interior
- Department of Education, Youth and Sport
- Department of Cultural Affairs
- Police Department
- The Fire & Emergency Service
- The Palace Guards
- Ministry of Finance and Economy
- Ministry of Health and Social Affairs
- Ministry of Public Works, the Environment and Urban Development
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Cooperation