The Events and Preservation of Quality of Life Division
Division de l'Événementiel et de la Préservation du Cadre de ViePolice Chief Constable : Mr Fabien VACHETTA
The Events and Preservation of Quality of Life Division (D.E.P.C.V.) is based on the wish to create a police force that is experienced in techniques designed to preserve the quality of life in Monaco. It is therefore necessary to distinguish between two types of tasks:
- Those directly associated with an event
- And those related to preserving the quality of life and combating uncivil behaviour, as these are factors that can degrade everyone’s quality of life to a considerable extent
Organisation and operation
EVENTS MANAGEMENT OFFICE
This unit is responsible for preparing and drawing up written instructions for all the DSP’s law enforcement agencies.
It is also responsible for producing the plans necessary for the smooth running of these operations.
THE TRANSPORT LITIGATION SECTION
Mainly responsible for the procedural handling of traffic accidents involving injuries, or serious accidents involving collective or individual means of transport by land, sea or air.
THE SECRETARIAT OF THE PUBLIC PROSECUTOR’S OFFICE
Under the authority of the Public Prosecutor’s Office, it deals with the management and follow-up of fine notices from the Police Court, and collection of these fines. It also prepares the hearings of this jurisdiction.
UNIT FOR THE PRESERVATION OF QUALITY OF LIFE
The main aim of this unit is to preserve the quality of life of residents and visitors to the Principality. It will focus on improving traffic flow and combating all types of nuisance and incivility.
- The Ministry of State
Ministry of Interior
- The Minister of Interior
- Department of Education, Youth and Sport
- Department of Cultural Affairs
- Police Department
- The Fire & Emergency Service
- The Palace Guards
- Ministry of Finance and Economy
- Ministry of Health and Social Affairs
- Ministry of Public Works, the Environment and Urban Development
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Cooperation