Administration and Training Division
Division de l'Administration et de la FormationHead of Division – Superintendent : Mr Régis BASTIDE
The Administration and Training Division deals with examining needs and preparing and carrying out recruitment, training, drafting the general budget, and managing equipment and human resources.
It also participates, as do all other divisions, in general crime prevention taking part, in particular, in the reception of the public, and providing assistance to maintain order during various events.
Organisation and operation
A Police Chief Superintendent, assisted by a deputy and a secretary, leads the division, which is composed of three sections.
The Human Resources Section
- Manages the 552 police officers and administrative staff employed by the Police Service
- Deals with career management, sickness and managing the organisational structure of the Service
- Organises competitive recruitment and promotion examinations, and carries out studies regarding restructuring and increasing numbers of officers
- Deals with technical and judicial issues and disciplinary action
- Provides advice when managing the retirement of staff
The Training section
The Police Academy:
- Deals with applications to become police recruits whether graduate entry, at constable level or as police social workers.
- Provides initial training and vocational training for all police officers
- Teaches road safety in schools and within specialized organisations for maladjusted children
- Welcomes and supervises schoolchildren and university students doing work experience placements with the Police
- Designs, drafts and prints technical documentation to facilitate staff training and to provide extensive resources for those wishing to apply for internal competitive tests and exams
- Participates in training officials from other departments of the Administration
For more information see : ecoledepolice.gouv.mc
The Traineeships Office organises all professional ongoing training courses, some of which take place outside Monaco.
The Financial Administration and Equipment Section
The Financial Management and Control Office prepares draft budgets for the Police Service and conducts performance checks. It audits the accounts and examines the financial needs of the divisions (consulting suppliers, market research, etc.)
The Vehicle and Marine Fleet Management Centre deals with maintenance and repairs to Police vehicles and vessels. It also deals with putting in place and maintaining mobile road signs.
The General Resources Centre manages furniture and other fixtures and fittings equipping Police premises. It also deals with checking uniforms and the modernization of police equipment.
The Internet & Communication Bureau disseminates practical information to the public.
The Security Technologies Section
This Section works on transmission, video-surveillance and IT and:
- Manages the radio-communication network under the authority of a Section Head
- Manages remote surveillance in the town
- Maintains and develops police computer equipment and carries out studies to ensure that equipment is adapted to technical innovations
The Forward Planning and Internal Security Bureau
This unit reports directly to the Head of Division. It studies the implementation of technical and operational plans and new security arrangements.
- The Ministry of State
Ministry of Interior
- The Minister of Interior
- Department of Education, Youth and Sport
- Department of Cultural Affairs
- Police Department
- The Fire & Emergency Service
- The Palace Guards
- Ministry of Finance and Economy
- Ministry of Health and Social Affairs
- Ministry of Public Works, the Environment and Urban Development
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Cooperation