- The Environment
- “Garden Mission”: Nature Weekend is back on 8 and 9 October 2022
“Garden Mission”: Nature Weekend is back on 8 and 9 October 2022
Following the success of the first event held in 2021, the Department of Urban Amenities is running another Nature Weekend this Saturday 8 and Sunday 9 October 2022. It will be based on an exciting Garden Mission theme, which will fascinate young and old visitors alike!
From 10 am to 5 pm, the Gardens Team at the Department of Urban Amenities will welcome participants to the Princess Grace Rose Garden in Fontvieille and the Saint-Laurent d’Eze greenhouses. On arrival at one of the welcome stands, each family of apprentice investigators will be given an envelope containing a mission and an investigator’s map to help them find the event locations scattered throughout the gardens and solve puzzles to unravel gardeners’ secrets.
The programme for this large-scale treasure hunt and unique series of workshops includes:
• At Fontvieille / Princess Grace Rose Garden:
- Understanding life below ground
- Observing funny insects
- Installing a watering system
- Discovering the secrets of rosebushes
• Saint-Laurent d’Eze greenhouses:*
- Exploring the greenhouses
- Getting involved in mechanised repotting
- Visiting the experimental, educational kitchen garden
- Tasting edible flowers
- Transforming an old pair of trainers (brought by each person who wants to take part) into a plant pot
Highlight of Nature Weekend: a concert by the Palace Guards Orchestra at 6 pm on Saturday 8th in the Saint-Martin Gardens. Those attending are invited to bring a picnic and share an enjoyable evening in the gardens.
* Signage will be in place from the junction with the Basse Corniche road to the Saint-Laurent-d’Eze state-owned greenhouses located at CD45 Avenue Maréchal Delattre de Tassigny; Chemin du Serrier Supérieur – 06 320 Saint-Laurent-d’Eze.
Autres actualités du thème
International Day of Forests: (re)discover the forest!
Principality of Monaco attends 8th Our Ocean international conference in Panama
MONACOLLECTE returns to Port Hercule on 3 and 4 March
World Wildlife Day
- The latest news of the Responsible Trading and Responsible Restaurant Certifications
- Guide d'interdiction des sacs plastiques à usage unique - un sac pour la vie
- Guide to responsible, safe bathing in the Principality
- The Tree Code
- The Environment in the Principality of Monaco – Data Compendium
- Monaco Environment booklet