- The Environment
- Government sets out arrangements for switching off business facade and window lights at night
Government sets out arrangements for switching off business facade and window lights at night
As part of its plan to manage energy use, the Prince’s Government has issued a ministerial decree dated 10 February setting out the arrangements for switching off interior lights and those used on the facades, windows and signs of certain business premises. These arrangements will be in effect until 30 April 2023.
Lighting on facades and in business premises and spaces must now be switched off from 11 pm to 6 am unless the businesses concerned are open or operating during these hours.
Interior lighting and lighting produced by any kind of screen or illuminated design must also be switched off.
Temporary exemptions may be considered at the discretion of the Minister of State.
These measures will help to reduce visual pollution and electricity use, while maintaining quality of life and adhering to the energy savings commitments made by the Government at the beginning of the energy crisis.
Autres actualités du thème
Conférence « Freiner la 'fast fashion' : notre responsabilité à tous »
Prince’s Government implements water resource management plan and activates “alert” level
Ministry of Public Works, the Environment and Urban Development supports eco-friendly development policy
6th Monaco E-Prix: what disruption is expected?
- The latest news of the Responsible Trading and Responsible Restaurant Certifications
- Guide d'interdiction des sacs plastiques à usage unique - un sac pour la vie
- Guide to responsible, safe bathing in the Principality
- The Tree Code
- The Environment in the Principality of Monaco – Data Compendium
- Monaco Environment booklet