Authors shortlisted for Prince Pierre of Monaco Foundation Literary Prize and Discovery Grant
The Literary Council of the Prince Pierre of Monaco Foundation, chaired by H.R.H the Princess of Hanover, met at the Ritz Hotel in Paris on Wednesday 11 May to draw up the list of authors in contention for the Literary Prize and Discovery Grant.
Established in 1951, the Literary Prize honours a well-known writer in the French language for their entire body of work. The shortlist of authors selected for the Prince Pierre Foundation’s Literary Prize 2022 is as follows:
- Michel del CASTILLO
- Louis-Philippe DALEMBERT
- Dominique FORTIER
- Vénus KHOURY-GHATA
- Marie-Hélène LAFON
Established in 2001 to mark the fiftieth anniversary of the Literary Prize, the Discovery Grant is awarded to an author in the French language whose first work of fiction has just been published. The authors shortlisted for the Discovery Grant 2022 are as follows:
- Sophie DELASSEIN, Le Dernier Testament de Maurice Finkelstein [The Last Testament of Maurice Finkelstein], Seuil
- Ève-Marie DES PLACES, La récitante [The Narrator], Le Cherche midi
- Thomas LOUIS, Les Chiens de faïence [The China Dogs], Éditions de la Martinière
- François NOUDELMANN, Les enfants de Cadillac [The Children of Cadillac], Gallimard
- Stéphanie de SAINT MARC, Une vie de rêve [A Dream Life], Mercure de France
All of the books will be presented to the public at 3.30 pm on Tuesday 14 June at the Monaco Multimedia Library.
The winners of the Literary Prize and the Discovery Grant will be formally announced during the Foundation awards ceremony at the Monaco Opera Garnier on Tuesday 11 October 2022.
The latest news from the Prince Pierre Foundation is available from: www.fondationprincepierre.mc Information: (+377) 98 98 85 15