Signature of biannual cooperation agreement between Monaco and the Council of Europe
On 28 February 2020, H.E. Mr Rémi Mortier, the Principality of Monaco’s Permanent Representative to the Council of Europe, and Ms Gabriella Battaini-Dragoni, Deputy Secretary-General of the Council of Europe, renewed the biannual cooperation agreement between Monaco and the Council.
Through this agreement, Monaco is reaffirming its support for the Council of Europe by committing to contribute a minimum of €240,000 to fund the institution’s activities for the period 2020–2021.
The programmes that the Prince’s Government is supporting financially are in line with the Principality’s priority areas of engagement on the international stage and, more specifically, cover five areas in which the Council of Europe has demonstrated recognised expertise and contributes genuine added value:
- Efforts to combat violence against women, domestic violence and violence against children in Morocco and Tunisia (Council of Europe Neighbourhood Partnership);
- Work to improve the effectiveness of the European Court of Human Rights by reducing the backlog of sound cases;
- The European Qualifications Passport for Refugees;
- The Start to Talk programme (efforts to prevent the sexual abuse of children in sport);
- Support for the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) on the environment, safeguarding biodiversity and climate change (SDGs 13 and 15) through the Bern Convention.
Autres actualités du thème
Diplomacy: three new Ambassadors from Slovenia, Peru and Niger, and appointment of General Delegate of Quebec
- Diplomacy and International Presence
- International Organisations
- Monaco and the European Union
- Public Aid for Development and International Cooperation
- International Tax Compliance
- Sustainable Development
- Agreements and Treaties
- Travel advice
- Francophonie 2019