“Monaco and the Ocean” photo exhibition at UN to mark anniversary of H.S.H. the Sovereign Prince’s accession
On 11 July 2019, H.E. Ms Isabelle Picco, Monaco’s Ambassador and Permanent Representative to the United Nations, officially unveiled a photo exhibition on the theme of “Monaco and the Ocean” to mark the anniversary of H.S.H. the Sovereign Prince’s accession.
Accompanied by H.E. Ms Maria Fernanda Espinosa Garcès, President of the 73rd session of the United Nations General Assembly, and Ms Beatrix Kania, the UN Chief of Protocol, the Ambassador presented some 60 images* showcasing the leadership of H.S.H. the Sovereign Prince and His Government on the issue of protecting and promoting the oceans, as well as on preventive measures in this area.
Depicting everything from marine protected areas to sustainable urban development and scientific initiatives like Monaco Explorations, the photos raised guests’ awareness of the different reasons why we should look after the oceans and the various ways in which this can be done in order to implement Sustainable Development Goal 14.
A video message recorded by H.S.H. the Sovereign Prince in support of the President of the General Assembly’s campaign to eliminate single-use plastics was shown at the event. A ban on such plastics has been in place at the UN Headquarters in New York since 6 June.
More than 300 guests, including H.E. Ms Maguy Maccario-Doyle, Monaco’s Ambassador to the United States, and Mr Gildo Pallanca Pastor, the country’s Consul General in New York, then attended a reception.
* From the Archives of the Prince's Palace of Monaco, the Monegasque Association for the Protection of Nature (AMPN), the Monaco Scientific Centre, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Cooperation, the Ministry of Public Works, the Environment and Urban Development, the Government Communication Department, Monaco Explorations, the Princess Charlene Foundation, OLSSI, Perles de Monaco, the ACCOBAMS Permanent Secretariat, the Nautical Society of Monaco and the Yacht Club de Monaco.
Autres actualités du thème
Accreditation of H.E. Ms Anne EASTWOOD as Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of Monaco to Italy
Diplomacy: accreditation of new ambassadors from Nigeria – Panama – San Marino – United Arab Emirates
Maroš Šefčovič, Vice-President of the European Commission for Interinstitutional Relations and Foresight, pays working visit to Principality
- Diplomacy and International Presence
- Monaco's Participation in International Organisations
- Monaco and the European Union
- Public Aid for Development and International Cooperation
- International Tax Compliance
- Sustainable Development
- Agreements and Treaties
- Travel advice