Committee of Ministers’ meeting on human rights cooperation between Council of Europe and United Nations
On 7 February 2019, a delegation from Monaco* took part in the annual Committee of Ministers’ meeting on human rights cooperation between the Council of Europe and the United Nations at the Council of Europe in Strasbourg.
Participants in the exchange of views included H.E. Mr Coly Seck, President of the UN Human Rights Council, and Mr Moez Chakchouk, UNESCO Assistant Director-General for Communication and Information, representing Ms Audrey Azoulay, Director-General of UNESCO.
Monaco contributed to the thematic discussion on “new technologies and freedom of expression”, highlighting the significant challenge posed by the digital era in terms of preserving universally recognised core values like freedom of expression and, in particular, the freedom to report.
It was reiterated during the discussion that the Monegasque Government prioritises the fight against cybercrime and the protection of personal data as part of its security policy.
Monaco also intervened on the “resolution calling for a moratorium on the use of the death penalty, adopted by the United Nations General Assembly on 17 December 2018”, reaffirming the Government’s unwavering commitment to abolishing the death penalty throughout the world, under any circumstances.
* H.E. Mr Rémi Mortier, Ambassador, Permanent Representative of Monaco to the Council of Europe; Ms Marie-Noëlle Albertini, Diplomatic Advisor to the Minister of Foreign Affairs and Cooperation, and Thomas Manrique from Monaco’s Permanent Representation to the Council of Europe.
Autres actualités du thème
Monaco’s Permanent Representation to the European Union - Director of the Prince’s Palace Archives and Library gives presentation to European Parliament
The Ambassador of Monaco to the United Nations is Appointed Co-Chair of the "Informal Consultative Process on Oceans and the Law of the Sea"
Partnership between Government and Sciences Po Paris: “Vulnerable children in Africa and the MENA region”
- Diplomacy and International Presence
- International Organisations
- Monaco and the European Union
- Public Aid for Development and International Cooperation
- International Tax Compliance
- Sustainable Development
- Agreements and Treaties
- Travel advice