Agreements and Treaties
Monaco affirms its sovereignty in the community of nations
Through the signing of numerous bilateral and multilateral treaties with other nations, the Monegasque Government continues to affirm Monaco’s sovereignty on the international stage.
Bilateral agreements relate to a particular matter between Monaco and the co-signatory State. Foremost among partner States are the European States. Multilateral agreements promote consensus on important issues. In this respect, under the impetus of its Sovereign Prince, Monaco is recognised as a very active nation in certain areas concerning the future of the planet. Examples include protecting particular species, such as red tuna, or preserving the Arctic.
- Diplomacy and International Presence
- Monaco's Participation in International Organisations
- Monaco and the European Union
- Public Aid for Development and International Cooperation
- International Tax Compliance
- Sustainable Development
- Agreements and Treaties
- Travel advice