The Police Department offers new online services for Residents of the Principality and foreigners wishing to move to Monaco
As part of the Extended Monaco programme, the Prince’s Government is continuing the digital transformation of its administrative services, with the aim of simplifying formalities for residents of the Principality and foreigners wishing to move to Monaco. The strategy for welcoming new residents is a key plank of the new policy adopted by the Prince’s Government to enhance the Principality’s attractiveness.
Thanks to the new residence permit launched in June 2021, residents now have access to both a digital identity and electronic signature, enabling them to:
- Use the MConnect service to obtain highly secure access to MonGuichet.mc, the online service portal of the Prince’s Government and Monaco City Hall, and more easily log into the websites of private sector partners such as SMEG and Monaco Telecom;
- Sign documents electronically with legally binding value, directly via their computer or using the online signature service for documents to be signed by several parties.
The Police Department now allows users to complete five online administrative procedures available at the Residency Section:
- Applying for a first residence permit for foreigners wishing to move to Monaco.
- Renewing a residence permit for residents.
- Applying for a duplicate of a residence permit that has been lost, stolen, or damaged.
- Notifying a change of circumstances
- Applying for a residence certificate for administrative purposes
There is also an online service allowing users to request appointments for these procedures.
The aim is to provide users with a simpler, fully digital service including:
- Personalised support based on information provided by the user via dynamic online forms;
- 24/7 service accessible via a computer, smartphone, or tablet;
- The ability to track applications in real time via the “My applications” section of MonGuichet.mc;
- Email and SMS notifications when an appointment with an official is necessary;
- The ability to make an appointment online to attend an interview with an official, provide biometric data, or collect documents;
- A summary of all appointments made online via MConnect in the “My appointments” section of MonGuichet.mc.
“The ability to book appointments online, for formalities with the residency section, is part of the modernisation process launched by the Police Department several years ago, aimed at improving services and relations with users. Part of moves to simplify and secure administrative procedures, this new digital tool will in particular allow users to choose the date and time of their appointment. Naturally, the residency section continues to ensure that users are able to receive appropriate support and responses, so that all citizens are able to benefit from the digital transformation,” explains Chief Superintendent Rémy LE JUSTE, Head of the Administrative Police Division.
“We want to save time not just for our Residents, but also for officers of the Police Department, as processing will be smoother and faster. People wishing to move to Monaco will have instant access to information and will be able to make their application early,” emphasises Marine Rolando, Head of the e-Government Division of the Digital Services Department.
How to submit an application
Online services can be accessed via the “Nationality and Residency” section of the MonGuichet.mc.
For full details of procedures:
o Renewing a residence permit: https://service-public-particuliers.gouv.mc/Nationalite-et-residence/Residence/Residents/Renouveler-sa-carte-de-sejour
o Applying for a duplicate of a residence permit: https://service-public-particuliers.gouv.mc/Nationalite-et-residence/Residence/Residents/Demander-un-duplicata-de-carte-de-sejour
o Notifying a change of circumstances: https://service-public-particuliers.gouv.mc/Nationalite-et-residence/Residence/Residents/Indiquer-un-changement-de-situation
o Applying for a residence certificate: https://service-public-particuliers.gouv.mc/Nationalite-et-residence/Residence/Residents/Demander-un-certificat-de-residence
- New arrivals:
o Applying for a residence permit: https://service-public-particuliers.gouv.mc/Nationalite-et-residence/Residence/Nouveaux-arrivants/Demander-une-carte-de-sejour
For more information:
Stade Louis-II, entrance B, 1st floor
(+377) 93 15 30 17 (telephone hotline open from Monday to Friday, 9 am to 5 pm)
Autres actualités du thème
- The Extended Monaco digital programme
- Modernising the Administration
- Digital Security: a challenge for the future
- Assessment of public policies
- Protection of personal data
- The Administration's eco-responsibility
- The duty of remembrance
- Public finance – meeting challenges more effectively
- The Public Service
- Monaco's image