Securing the maritime area around the offshore urban extension project
A Sovereign Ordinance* published in the Journal de Monaco on 20 April 2018 introduces regulations covering four zones to secure the maritime area around the offshore urban extension project:
- Two maritime zones (marked in pink on the attached map) are designated as working zones. No public access or maritime activities are permitted. Navigation, mooring and fishing are strictly prohibited in these zones, which are marked by yellow buoys.
- The first zone extends from the Spélugues marine protected area in the west, to the Larvotto marine protected area in the east
- The second stretches in front of the Larvotto marine protected area to the Principality’s eastern maritime border
- A maritime zone where mooring and navigation by leisure craft (sailing boats, jet skis, rowing boats, etc.) are prohibited. This zone is located in between the two zones described above (marked in green on the map).
- A maritime zone bordering the zones described above where mooring is prohibited (marked in blue on the map).
These regulations will enter into force from Tuesday 1 May 2018 until construction work on the maritime infrastructure is complete (scheduled for 2020).
For more information, contact:
Department of Maritime Affairs, (+377) 98 98 22 80
* Sovereign Ordinance No. 6.885, dated 11 April 2018, regulating navigation, mooring, fishing, underwater fishing, swimming, water sports and scuba diving in the offshore urban extension project construction zone.