End-of-year asphalt repair work will take place from 6 to 23 November 2023 in different parts of the Principality. This annual resurfacing work ensures a network of particularly well-maintained urban roads throughout the country.
To limit the impact on traffic, the work will be carried out exclusively at night, between 8 pm and 6 am. Operations in the nine neighbourhoods concerned will be concentrated over one or two nights to limit the resulting noise pollution and traffic disruption:
- Ruelle du Fort Antoine, the nights of 6 to 7 and 7 to 8 November from 8 pm to 6 am: an alternating traffic scheme will operate on Avenue Saint Martin and parking on the section of the road affected by the work will not be permitted.
- Boulevard Charles III/Avenue du Port via Place d’Armes, the night of 8 to 9 November from 8 pm to 6 am: total closure to traffic and parking on the Boulevard Charles III and the beginning of Avenue du Port will not be permitted. Detours will be installed, along with a guided traffic scheme, at the intersection of Rue Terrazzani and Rue de Millo to allow access to the car park at Place d’Armes. The night bus will not be able to access the Rocher.
- Rue de la Colle, the nights of 9 to 10 November, from 8 pm to 6 am: total closure of the entire street to traffic. No access to the tunnel to Fontvieille. Detours will be installed, along with two-way traffic on Avenue Prince Pierre. Parking will not be permitted on the section concerned.
- Avenue Princess Grace, the night of 13 to 14 November, from 10 pm to 6 am: total closure to traffic. Detours will be installed and parking will not be permitted on the affected sections of the Avenue.
- Boulevard Saint Michel, the night of 13 to 14 November from 8 pm to 1 am: total closure to traffic. Parking not permitted on the affected sections of the Boulevard. Detours will be installed, along with an alternating guided traffic scheme, on Rue des Roses and Boulevard Princesse Charlotte.
- Boulevard du Jardin Exotique/Boulevard de Belgique, the nights of 14 to 15 and 15 to 16 November from 8 pm to 6 am: total closure to traffic. Parking not permitted on the section of the road affected. Detours will be installed, along with an alternating guided traffic scheme on Rue Bosio and at the beginning of Boulevard du Jardin Exotique. The Bosio car park will remain open.
- Rue Honoré Labande, the night of 16 to 17 November, from 8 pm to 6 am: total closure to traffic. Parking not permitted on Rue Honoré Labande.
- Avenue des Papalins, the night of 21 to 22 November from 8 pm to 6 am: closure to traffic from No. 9 to No. 13 Avenue des Papalins, between the roundabout at the intersection with Rue du Campanin and the roundabout at the junction with Avenue des Guelfes. A guided traffic scheme will be established on the second roundabout. As the Papalins car park is affected by the resurfacing work, the Public Car Parks Office will provide an alternative parking solution for subscribers.
- Rue du Portier, the night of 22 to 23 November, from 8 pm to 6 am: total closure to traffic. Parking not permitted in the affected area.
Signage will be installed, along with a manual guided traffic scheme for detours and to facilitate access to public and private car parks and to the shops affected by this work. Signage will indicate where pedestrians should walk. Intercity and Monegasque Bus Company (CAM) lines affected by the work will be diverted, with passengers informed beforehand.
The emergency services and the police will be able to access all of the areas where work is taking place in the event of an emergency.