Gilles Tonelli attends UN Human Rights Council high-level segment
On Wednesday 28 February, Gilles Tonelli, Minister of Foreign Affairs and Cooperation, gave a speech at the Palais des Nations in Geneva during the high-level segment of the 37th session of the UN Human Rights Council.
In his speech, the Minister recalled the Principality’s commitment to the promotion and universal respect of human rights, both domestically and as part of its foreign policy.
Gilles Tonelli also congratulated the Council on the decisions it took during the previous year, particularly those relating to the establishment of a fact-finding mission in Myanmar and the deployment of a group of experts to Yemen. The Principality supported both of these initiatives.
The Minister’s address at the Human Rights Council enabled him to emphasise the Principality’s consistent efforts in favour of human rights, highlighting:
- The financial support provided to the International, Impartial and Independent Mechanism to Assist in the Investigation and Prosecution of Persons Responsible for the Most Serious Crimes under International Law Committed in the Syrian Arab Republic since March 2011;
- Ratification by the Principality in 2017 of the International Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities;
- The organisation in Monaco on 25 June of a symposium devoted to “Violence against children in the home and at school”, to be chaired by H.R.H. the Princess of Hanover.
Autres actualités du thème
Committee of Ministers’ meeting on human rights cooperation between Council of Europe and United Nations
Monaco’s Permanent Representation to the European Union - Director of the Prince’s Palace Archives and Library gives presentation to European Parliament
The Ambassador of Monaco to the United Nations is Appointed Co-Chair of the "Informal Consultative Process on Oceans and the Law of the Sea"
Partnership between Government and Sciences Po Paris: “Vulnerable children in Africa and the MENA region”
- Diplomacy and International Presence
- International Organisations
- Monaco and the European Union
- Public Aid for Development and International Cooperation
- International Tax Compliance
- Sustainable Development
- Agreements and Treaties
- Travel advice