7th Meeting of the Committee for Graduate Employment
On Thursday 15 December 2016, the Committee for Graduate Employment met for the 7th consecutive year, to present the results of its activities and decide upon the activities to be undertaken in 2017.
The Committee, which is presided over by the Minister of State, is comprised of 13 members (1), in addition to the Committee's executive unit, which is under the authority of Stéphane Valeri, Minister of Health and Social Affairs, and led by Maryse Battaglia, Technical Advisor.
The Committee was established in February 2010 by the Prince's Government and is in line with the wish of H.S.H. the Sovereign Prince to keep the intellectual wealth of young people in the Principality by offering young graduates, both Monegasques and denizens, opportunities in the private and public sectors in the Principality and enable graduates living abroad to return to Monaco.
The role of the executive unit is to assist young graduates who are Monegasques or residents and create linkages by making special contacts with businesses to facilitate graduates' access to appropriate employment.
Stéphane Valeri recalled at this meeting that access to employment for young graduates is central to the concerns of the Prince's Government.
He highlighted the Executive Unit's very positive results since the establishment of the Committee:
- 134 partnerships have been signed with businesses
- 208 graduates, of which 101 are of Monegasque nationality, have found employment corresponding to their qualifications, and 89 are on open-ended contracts
- 917 young graduates have been received by the Committee at a personalised interview to enable them to benefit from help with finding their first job at the end of their training
- 143 graduates have benefitted from work experience required by their training course;
- 160 young graduates have met with professionals to receive their advice on various specialisations.
(1) Government Ministers, the Director of Human Resources and Training of the Public Service, the Director of Employment, assisted by the Head of the Youth Employment Unit, the President of the National Council, the President of the Economic and Social Council, the President of the Monegasque Employers' Federation, the President of the Monegasque Association for Financial Activities and the President of the Junior Chamber International Monaco.