Meeting between the Minister of State and Clément Beaune, Secretary of State for European Affairs
On Monday 1 February 2021, at the Quai d'Orsay, H.E. Mr. Pierre Dartout* met with Clément Beaune, Secretary of State for European Affairs, to discuss the draft association agreement between Monaco and the European Union, which has been under negotiation since 2015.
This meeting was an opportunity to review the progress of these negotiations, the progress made on the various chapters of the draft agreement and the points that remain to be negotiated. The need to preserve ties of friendship and cooperation between France and Monaco was also discussed.
The meeting was also an opportunity to discuss France's priorities with regard to its Presidency of the Council of the European Union, which it will hold in the first half of 2022.
* The Minister of State was accompanied by H.E. Mr. Gilles Tonelli, Ambassador, Special Adviser in charge of negotiations with the European Union and Isabelle Costa, Deputy Secretary General of the Government in charge of the Europe Unit.
Autres actualités du thème
- Diplomacy and International Presence
- International Organisations
- Monaco and the European Union
- Public Aid for Development and International Cooperation
- International Tax Compliance
- Sustainable Development
- Agreements and Treaties
- Travel advice
- Francophonie 2019