Didier Gamerdinger meets the press
The media were eager to meet Didier Gamerdinger, Minister of Health and Social Affairs, as he took up post in order to discuss the main issues and latest developments at the Ministry, which he has led since 1 June 2017.
Keen to ensure that his Ministry remains in step with the everyday realities faced by Monegasques and residents of the Principality, the Minister focused on:
- dialogue with social partners;
- the new Princess Grace Hospital, the agreement on closer cooperation between Princess Grace Hospital and the Monaco Institute of Sports Medicine and Surgery (IM2S), and the introduction of the new fee model (activity-based payment or T2A);
- support for the most vulnerable.
He also sought to highlight a number of planned measures, including:
- efforts to combat concealed employment;
- the carrying out of a study over the medium term to forecast population ageing and gauge the capacity of care facilities;
- support for young people who are experiencing psychological problems;
- the setting up of an internal unit to measure the effectiveness of the Department of Health and Social Affairs’ public policies;
- digitisation of some administrative procedures.