Address by the Director of the CHPG to All the Hospital's Professionals
Today, in the presence of H.S.H. the Sovereign Prince, Mr. Patrick Bini, the Director of the Princess Grace Hospital, accompanied, among others, by the Minister of Health and Social Affairs, Mr. Didier Gamerdinger, the Chairman of the Board of Directors, Mr. André Garino and the Chairman of the Establishment's Medical Committee, Dr. Pierre Lavagna, presented his best wishes to all the hospital's professionals.
Before the many dignitaries who were present for the event, the Director of the Hospital gave a full report on the CHPG's activity in 2017, a year of records, namely:
- The number of admissions, up by 5.5%,
- The number of surgical operations, increased by 6%,
- The number of consultations, up by 3,3 %,
- The number of endoscopies, up by 6%,
- The activities of all the technical platforms are increasing;
- All the Medical services as well as the CRIII, with occupancy rates of almost 100%.*
Mr. Bini also mentioned the opening of new departments from the first half of 2018, such as the Palliative Care Hospitalisation Unit, a new Dialysis department, new premises for the Blood Transfusion Centre and a new sector of scheduled consultations in orthopaedics.*
Finally, the Director of the CHPG wished to announce, not without emotion and "with a sense of duty accomplished," his choice to retire on 1 July 2018, after 40 years of hospital management, including ten years as the Head of the CHPG. In his speech, H.S.H. the Sovereign Prince warmly commended Patrick Bini's work and thanked him in particular for "leaving a hospital whose activity is constantly growing and whose budgetary control has resulted in a surplus over the period of 2008-2016."
* Complete figures and information can be found in the speeches of H.S.H. the Sovereign Prince and Mr. Patrick Bini in attachments