Beyond the financial commitment, Monaco’s Public Aid for Development and International Cooperation attaches great importance to the establishment of partnerships which encourage the exchange of experiences and the search for synergies between different organisations working in development.
The hospital partnership
The aim of this partnership is to coordinate existing humanitarian work, integrating it with the cooperation policy promoted by the Prince's Government and using the expertise of the health personnel who work in Monegasque health organisations.
On 30 March 2010, the Prince's Government signed four agreements to cooperate with the main Monegasque health establishments:
- The Princess Grace Hospital (CHPG)
- The Monaco Cardiothoracic Centre (CCM)
- The Monaco Institute of Sports Medicine and Surgery (IM2S)
- The Monaco Medical Imaging Centre (CIMM)
These agreements regulate and strengthen partnerships which are already functional:
- Monaco Collectif Humanitaire: more than 170 children whose illnesses were not operable in their country of origin were taken into care in the Principality
- Strengthening of skills of healthcare personnel: around thirty doctors and nurses have already been trained in the Principality
- Organisation of four hospital services: orthopaedics in Nigeria, cardiology in Mauritania and Morocco, gynaecology in Senegal
- Realisation of humanitarian missions (surgical operations, transfer of skills etc.) in the fields of cardiology, ophthalmology, medical imaging, gynaecology and nursing
- Creation of a university degree in ultrasonography in Madagascar
- Partnership between the Institute for Nurse Training and the National School of Public Health in Nigeria (training, provision of materials etc.)
- Provision of materials and consumables
The public-private partnership
As a response to the United Nations General Assembly “Millennium Declaration”, which encouraged the establishment of solid partnerships with the private sector with a view to promoting development and eliminating poverty, a public-private partnership commission was created in September 2008 between the Department of International Cooperation and the Monaco Economic Board (MEB) .
This public-private partnership commission aims to align the interests of Monegasque companies with the needs of Monaco’s Public Aid for Development and International Cooperation.
Around ten companies are already partnered with the Government services involved in Monaco’s Public Aid for Development in fields as varied as microfinance, infrastructure development, health, transport logistics or water sanitation.
- Diplomacy and International Presence
- International Organisations
- The Council of Europe
- Monaco et l'Union Européenne
- Public Aid for Development and International Cooperation
- Agreements on Tax Matters
- Environment and Sustainable Development
- Agreements and Treaties
- Travel advice