Monaco represented at 70th World Health Assembly
A Monegasque delegation* led by H.E. Ms Carole Lanteri, Ambassador and Permanent Representative of the Principality of Monaco to the Office of the United Nations in Geneva, is taking part in the 70th World Health Assembly in Geneva from 22 to 31 May 2017.
The Assembly, attended by more than 190 member states and observers, was marked on Tuesday 23 May by the election of Dr Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus to the post of Director-General of the World Health Organization. Dr Tedros is the first African to serve in this role and will succeed Dr Margaret Chan from 1 July 2017 for a term of five years. Ms Chrystel Chanteloube, Third Secretary at the Permanent Representation, took part in the vote as the scrutineer for the European Region.
In her speech during the general debate, which focused on the theme of “implementing the best healthcare systems in the era of sustainable development”, H.E. Ms Lanteri called on the new Director-General to continue reforms in order to strengthen confidence in the organisation. She also emphasised the excellence of the Monegasque healthcare system and reiterated the Principality’s commitment to promoting, as part of its international cooperation policy, access for the most vulnerable populations to healthcare services for malaria control and treatment of sickle-cell disease.
* The delegation comprises H.E. Ms Carole Lanteri, Ambassador and Permanent Representative of the Principality of Monaco to the Office of the United Nations in Geneva, Emilie Silvestre, Programme Coordinator in the Department of International Cooperation, Alexis Poyet, Secretary for External Relations in the Department of International Relations, Chrystel Chanteloube, Third Secretary at Monaco’s Permanent Representation to the Office of the United Nations in Geneva, Patricia Chacon-Sierra, Special Assistant at Monaco’s Permanent Representation to the Office of the United Nations in Geneva, and Antoine Corporandy, intern at Monaco’s Permanent Representation to the Office of the United Nations in Geneva.
Autres actualités du thème
OSCE – Working Visit by the Special Representative and Coordinator for Combating Trafficking in Human Beings
- Diplomacy and International Presence
- International Organisations
- Monaco and the European Union
- Public Aid for Development and International Cooperation
- Agreements on Tax Matters
- Sustainable Development
- Agreements and Treaties
- Travel advice