"Sharing is caring" when it comes to Monaco ON sustainable charging stations
Under the authority of Céline Caron-Dagioni, Minister of Public Works, the Environment and Urban Development, the Principality's public car parks and roadside parking facilities are being equipped with more electric service stations, which feature several charging points and faster, more powerful recharging capacities. This network, called Monaco ON, makes recharging more efficient, accessible and available to as many people as possible.
Today, the Prince’s Government is broadcasting a dedicated video* offering a sincere thanks to its hero, Lucas di Grassi, 2016/2017 Formula E World Champion and Monaco resident, for his time, investment and commitment towards Monaco ON charging.
Eco-friendly vehicles, which are particularly well suited to the Principality's environment, will account for almost 20% of the registered fleet by the end of 2023. In light of this, the Government will continue to expand its Monaco ON network, which has already been available for nearly 3 years.
“Sharing is caring”
With this video, the Government aims to make users more responsible, in order to see an increase in co-charging. The use of these terminals does require considerate behaviour, such as leaving the space once the battery is sufficiently recharged, to avoid "abandoned vehicles". The goal of improving the turnover rate at the stations should be shared by all.
Finally, the video highlights the various tools intended to make life easier for the user:
The Monaco recharging guide and quick start kit can be found on the Energy Transition website: https://transition-energetique.gouv.mc/Rouler-autrement/Le-guide-de-la-recharge and, very soon, in the form of a QR Code to be scanned directly at the charging stations.
The Your Monaco ** app allows you to:
- Check availability via the map of terminals (car parks and roads) in real-time
- Save your favourite terminal on the home screen
- Choose between the different types of sockets (according to the kW required)
Monaco ON today has:
17 equipped public car parks
Nearly 300 terminals, including 50 on the road (each accommodating 2 vehicles)
Nearly 170,000 top-ups in 2022 (compared to 120,000 in 2021)
A real-time map, viewable on the Your Monaco app
*The video can be found on the Prince’s Government social networks, on Monaco Info and YouTube:
- Version with French subtitles: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDPiItn4aA0
- English version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjfQoBnNk3k
Autres actualités du thème
- The latest news of the Responsible Trading and Responsible Restaurant Certifications
- A guide to banning single-use plastic bags: A bag for life
- Guide to responsible, safe bathing in the Principality
- The Tree Code
- The Environment in the Principality of Monaco – Data Compendium
- Monaco Environment booklet