Monaco takes part in first Global Refugee Forum in Geneva
A Monegasque delegation* took part in the first Global Refugee Forum, jointly organised by the UN Refugee Agency (UNHCR) and Switzerland, which was held on 17 and 18 December in Geneva.
Over the course of the two days, discussions focused on mechanisms for burden- and responsibility-sharing, education, jobs and livelihoods, energy and infrastructure, solutions and protection capacity.
The first Global Refugee Forum brought together many heads of state, heads of government and ministers, who were welcomed by the UN Secretary-General and former High Commissioner for Refugees, as well as by the current High Commissioner, Filippo Grandi.
The event offered UN member states and other stakeholders an opportunity to highlight their main achievements, share best practices, and commit to advancing the objectives of the Global Compact on Refugees through promises of contributions and concrete actions.
The Principality is a partner of the UN Refugee Agency, with which it concluded a framework cooperation agreement in 2010 and has developed partnerships in Africa and the Middle East. Monaco also supports research conducted by the agency on forced displacement due to climate change.
* H.E. Ms Carole Lanteri, Ambassador and Permanent Representative of the Principality of Monaco to the Office of the United Nations in Geneva; Marie-Noëlle Albertini, Diplomatic Advisor, Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Cooperation; Yordanos Pasquier, Senior Programme Manager, Department of International Cooperation; and Suzana Vaz, Attaché, Monaco’s Permanent Representation to the Office of the United Nations in Geneva.
Autres actualités du thème
Accreditation of H.E. Ms Anne EASTWOOD as Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of Monaco to Italy
Diplomacy: accreditation of new ambassadors from Nigeria – Panama – San Marino – United Arab Emirates
- Diplomacy and International Presence
- Monaco's Participation in International Organisations
- Monaco and the European Union
- Public Aid for Development and International Cooperation
- International Tax Compliance
- Sustainable Development
- Agreements and Treaties
- Travel advice