Monaco is a Member of the Group of Friends on Drowning Prevention
On Thursday 22 March, the Group of Friends on Drowning Prevention was founded at the UN, on the occasion of "World Water Day" and the launch of the "International Decade for Action on Water and Sustainable Development 2018-2028." The Group currently has eleven member States.*
At this event, H.E. Ms. Isabelle Picco, Ambassador and Permanent Representative of Monaco to the United Nations, recalled the commitment of H.S.H. Princess Charlene and Her Foundation to the prevention of drowning. The Ambassador also pointed out that swimming is an integral part of the school curriculum in the Principality.
Every two minutes, someone dies from drowning in the world; thus, recognised institutions, such as the Royal National Lifeboat Institution and Bloomberg Philanthropies, will support the member States of the Group of Friends on Drowning Prevention in combating against this "silent epidemic."
* Bangladesh, Denmark, Fiji, Ireland, Maldives, Malta, Monaco, Norway, Tanzania, Thailand and Vietnam worldwide
Autres actualités du thème
Reception at Monaco’s Embassy in Italy to mark the anniversary of H.S.H. the Sovereign Prince’s accession
- Diplomacy and International Presence
- International Organisations
- Monaco and the European Union
- Public Aid for Development and International Cooperation
- Agreements on Tax Matters
- Sustainable Development
- Agreements and Treaties
- Travel advice