The Police Commissioner's Office
Direction de la Sûreté PubliqueDirector : Mr Richard MARANGONI
This entity is formed of units having cross-cutting tasks within the Police Department and units with very specific duties that do not fall under the auspices of any particular division.
Organisation and operation
Six units are attached to this entity, placed under the direct authority of the Commissioner
It supports the divisional head (minutes of meetings, reports, drafting correspondence, filtering mail and telephone calls, contact with executive bodies, police associations, managing certain classified financial flows).
The Monitoring and Operational Command Centre
The Monitoring and Operational Command Centre is:
- The operational centre which implements the instructions of the Police Commissioner relating to public order, administrative policing, criminal investigations and traffic policing
- The centralised management tool for emergency response policing, maintaining public order, preventive policing, investigative policing, administrative and criminal policing, and submission of data to higher authorities
- The centre which receives and processes all emergency calls
- The centre which manages all video surveillance tools designed to protect people and property
- The centre which implements the provisions of the Principality’s various emergency plans and ensures that they remain up-to-date
Technical Advisory Unit
On the one hand it collects business intelligence from Monegasque firms and, on the other, it performs duties of risk prevention which allows for the notable reduction of risk relating to security and emergency situations.
This new task aims at improving the effectiveness of the Service and the reliability and performance of intervention procedures.
The Sovereign Family Security Unit
Its role is the protection of the Sovereign Prince and His Family when on private or official visits.
Police Anti-Corruption Squad
It was created by the Ordonnance Souveraine n°1.057 du 13 avril 2007 , amending the Ordonnance Souveraine n°765 du 13 novembre 2006. It forms part of the Police Department and is under the direct authority of the Minister of Interior. It intervenes when instructed to do so by the Minister of State or the Minister of Interior or, with the latter's agreement, upon request from the Commissioner of Police.
It carries out administrative inspections, audits and studies to appreciate, assess or improve the organisation and functioning of Police Units.
It also performs internal investigations to ensure compliance with police ethics.
Its reports may be used during administrative or disciplinary proceedings. Additionally, cases may be referred to the Squad by the Courts, pursuant to the law and in particular the Code of Criminal Procedure, if civil servants or other government officials from the Police Department are involved.
The General Secretariat and the Police Mail Officer
They deal with the delivery and monitoring of the Service's incoming and outgoing correspondence.
- The Ministry of State
Ministry of Interior
- The Minister of Interior
- Department of Education, Youth and Sport
- Department of Cultural Affairs
- Police Department
- The Fire & Emergency Service
- The Palace Guards
- Monaco Cyber Security Agency
- Ministry of Finance and Economy
- Ministry of Health and Social Affairs
- Ministry of Public Works, the Environment and Urban Development
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Cooperation