Saint Devota celebrations: Sunday 26 January 2020 - Practical arrangements
This year, due to the work taking place in the Vallon des Gaumates on Quai des Etats-Unis, the procession will assemble and depart from the Louis Chiron corner, opposite the Nautic restaurant.
- Public access
Rail passengers should note that the St. Devota valley will be closed to pedestrians from 5.30 pm. To reach or leave the station through the St. Devota area, you will need to use the Galerie Sainte-Dévote.
The St. Devota stairs will be closed from 5.30 pm.
From 6 pm, various organisational and public safety measures will be in place at the departure point for the procession and on Place Sainte Dévote.
- Practical traffic arrangements
- From 5.30 pm to 7 pm, Route de la Piscine will be closed to traffic from Avenue J.F. Kennedy to the Jules Soccal Jetty.
- From 6.40 pm to 7 pm, traffic will be temporarily halted on Avenue J.F. Kennedy, Avenue d’Ostende and Boulevard Albert I to allow the procession to pass safely.
- During the procession, slight delays should be expected on local (services 1-2 and 6) and intercity (services 100 and 110) buses while the procession passes between 6.40 pm and 7 pm.
- With regard to car parks, information will be provided to users (notices will be posted at car park access points) by the relevant organisation.
The Administration respectfully asks road users to take measures to avoid the area between the Church of St. Devota and Route de la Piscine, particularly between 6.40 pm and 7 pm, and apologises in advance for any inconvenience caused by the festivities.