In general, the contents of the “History and Heritage” section are subject to the terms and conditions applicable throughout the entire site in particular those related to copyright. www.gouv.mc . Read the terms and conditions .
The articles in the “History and Heritage” section were written under the supervision of Mr Thomas Fouilleron, Director of the Archives and Library at the Prince’s Palace.
All graphics, photographs and videos are used with the permission of the rights holders and/or subject to their conditions.
- Monaco Museum of Prehistoric Anthropology: An Ancient Occupation; Grimaldi Man (Cro Magnon); A Port in Ancient Greece then Rome, Romanisation
- Archives of the Prince’s Palace of Monaco (Charles Franch-Guerra, Gaétan Luci, Jean-Marie Moll, Geoffroy Moufflet): Liberation of Genoa, Charles I: Establishment of the Territory, Union with the People, Oath of Fidelity to Lambert Grimaldi by the Inhabitants of Monaco, Prolonging the Dynasty, International Recognition, Spanish Protectorate, French Protectorate, Internal Organisation and Spread of Influence, A Larger Principality?, Map of the Principality, composed of Monaco, Roquebrune and Menton, after the demarcation of 1760; Establishing the Borders; Restoration; Italian then German Occupation; Re-establishment of Friendship between France and Monaco; Intensification of International Relations, Albert II, Monegasque National Anthem, View of the Place d’Armes in Monaco, (Dominique-Joseph Bressan, 1732), The Bay of Monaco (Claude Monet, 1884), from the New National Museum of Monaco’s collection
- Media Area (Charly Gallo): Expansion and development of the territory, Monegasque Flag, Feast of Saint Devota, National Holiday, The Monte-Carlo Opera House, Monaco Cathedral, Aerial View
- Department of e-Government and Public Information (Jérôme Giusti): Occupation of the Rock by François Grimaldi, Internal Organisation and Spread of Influence, Julius Caesar, François Grimaldi “il Malizia”, Grimaldi Motto “Deo Juvante, La Turbie church, the Trophy of Augustus, Port Hercule
- Menton Municipal Archives: 9Fi00458 – Secession of Menton and Roquebrune, Flag of the Free Cities of Menton and Roquebrune
- Charles-Louis Muller: Appeal of the Last Victims of the Reign of Terror in the Saint-Lazare Prison, 7-9 Thermidor 1794, Museum of the French Revolution, Vizille
- Stamp Issuing Office, Museum of Philately and Coinage: Reproduction of Coins and Stamps
- Nick Thompson (CC-BY): Recognition of Sovereignty
- Deb Collins (CC-BY): Chabeuil
- Dierk Schaefer (CC-BY): Buis-les-Baronnies
- Images improbables (CC-BY): Crest
- C. Bellat, (CC-BY): Mur de Barrez
- Heurtelions, (CC-BY-SA): Vic-sur-Cere
- Chris Juden, (CC-BY): Calvinet
- Sigonce, (CC-BY): Carlat
- Public domain: Genoese establishment; Spanish Protectorate
- University of Texas Libraries, Austin: César Auguste
- Histoire de Monaco, by Thomas Fouilleron, Professor in History. Published by the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sport in Monaco, 2010
- Histoire de Monaco, Volume I, by Jacques Freu, Jean-Baptiste Robert, H.E. Mr René Novella. Published by the Ministry of State, Monaco, 1986